PA Online Sports Betting Sites [November 2019]
PA Online Sports Betting is now legal and about to explode across the Keystone state. Pennsylvania currently has 4 online sportsbooks and mobile betting apps open for business.
The initial launch of PA sorts betting apps did not include iOS (iphone) apps due to a change in regulations for real money gaming apps in the app store. FanDuel Sportbook has gone live in PA with an iOS app and Android.
1. DraftKings Sportsbook PA: DraftKings is now 100% live in Pennsylvania after successfully completing a 3 day testing period with the PGCB. It will be very interesting to see the impact DraftKings Sportsbook has on the overall revenue and handle of #1 FanDuel Sportsbook in PA.
2. UNIBET: As a European sportsbook power, UNIBET is set to launch in Pennsylvania via a partnership with the Mohegan Sun Pocono. The UNIBET online sportsbook and sports betting app will enter testing on Nov. 12th. The mobile betting app availability outside of Android are still unknown.
3. FanDuel Sportsbook PA
If PA sports betting revenue numbers have lagged a bit, the launch of the FanDuel online sportsbook and iPhone betting app are sure to help. As the ONLY true PA mobile sports betting for iPhone and iPad, FanDuel currently has a massive advantage over other PA sportsbooks. Sports bettors can access FanDuel PA via PA.Sportsbook.FanDuel.com.
BetRivers is the second online sportsbook in PA for Rush Street Interactive who also operates SugarHouse Sportsbook. BetRivers can only be accessed via iPhone or iPad with the Geo-Comply app. Android app access is easy and the download link is available on PA.BetRivers.com.
SugarHouse Sportsbook was the first online sportsbook and mobile betting app (Android) to launch in Pennsylvania. SugarHouse has since come out with a iOS work-around, but the lack of true iPhone app will hurt their growth numbers.
6. Parx Online Sportsbook
Parx Casino has been the revenue leader for retail casino’s in Pennsylvania for quite some time. The launch of Parx online sportsbook may hint that local success may not equate to state wide use with other brands outpacing Parx in sports betting handle.
7. FoxBet PA: This sportsbook is the true wildcard in Pennsylvania and NJ online sports betting. BetStars was re-branded as Fox Bet due to a massive deal between the The Stars Group (ticker TSG) and Fox Sports. Are we really going to see NFL pre-game ads and combined with game previews on TV? Will Charissa Thompson essentially be a Fox Bet spokesperson each Sunday?
Which Online Sportsbooks Will Launch Next in PA?
As we move through the 2019 football betting season and begin the NBA season, the number of PA online sportsbooks and mobile betting apps are set to double. Major sports betting operators are set to enter the PA market and spend millions of dollars in advertising costs. The following sportsbooks are expected to go live before the end of 2019:
1. BetAmerica PA: A retail sportsbook for BetAmerica recently opened at Presque Isle Downs Casino in PA. A BetAmerica online sportsbook in PA is expected sometime in the 3Q 2019. BetAmerica has been operating an online sportsbook and mobile betting app since the Spring of 2018.
2. Harrah’s Sportsbook PA: “The Book” in Chester, PA is the name of the retail sportsbook for Harrah’s Philly. The recent merger of Caesars and Eldorado Resorts may slow the launch of Harrah’s online sportsbook in Pennsylvania. Sources from Harrah’s have suggested a late August launch time for their PA online sportsbook.
PENNSYLVANIA SPORTS BETTING UPDATES
Philadelphia Eagles Super Bowl Odds 2020Infogram After a Week 10 bye week, the Eagles are headed for the toughest game on their schedule in Week 11 against the New England Patriots in Philadelphia. This is the first time these two teams have met since the Eagles'...
Unibet Sportsbook and Online Casino will be the latest entrants to the PA online sports betting market and PA online casino industry. Unibet PA will soft launch on November 12th, with initial testing conducted by the PGCB over a 3-day period. This includes not only...
An extremely important part aspect of PA sports betting, is watching who the public is betting each week in the NFL. DraftKings Sportsbook, which is LIVE, has provided their NFL Week 10 public betting splits below. NFL Betting Stats heading into Week 10: [table...
With the college basketball season underway, eyes will certainly be on the first few games for all the National Championship hopefuls. It's a clean slate, so it's anyone's trophy. With that being said, DraftKings Sportsbook has already taken a ton of futures...
Two massive gaming companies will finally launch in Pennsylvania on Monday. The first Monday of November will be the beginning of a new era, one with DraftKings Sportsbook and PokerStars set to go live in Pennsylvania. After a Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB)...
An extremely important part aspect of PA sports betting, is watching who the public is betting each week in the NFL. DraftKings Sportsbook, which will be going live in PA on Monday, has provided their NFL Week 9 public betting splits below. Think about it this...
The State of the PA Sports Betting Union is strong and about to get more diversified for sports bettors with DraftKings Sportsbook and UNIBET set to launch this week. The year 2019 has changed the Keystone State forever, with the introduction of sports betting as a...
The Penn State Nittany Lions are for real. They are currently fifth in the latest AP Top 25 poll, just 104 points behind Clemson for the fourth spot. In the coaches poll, they also are fifth, which a significant margin over the one-loss teams. With the College...
DraftKings Sportsbook released 2020 college basketball win totals, and there are quite a few Pennsylvania programs with interesting win totals. Villanova leads all local college basketball teams with an over-under win total of 24.5 wins. No other team in the state has...
Current PA Retail Sportsbook Locations 2019
Hollywood Casino Sportsbook at Penn National Race Course
– Opened on November 16, 2018
Table of Contents
– Parx Sportsbook – Opened Tuesday Jan 8, 2019
– Address: 2999 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
– Parx Online Sports Betting
SugarHouse Sportsbook PA
– Opened Thursday, December 13, 2018
– Address: 1001 N Delaware Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125
– SugarHouse Sportsbook PA
Rivers Casino Sportsbook
– Opened Thursday, December 13, 2018
– Address: 777 Casino Dr. Pittsburgh, PA 15212
– Bet Rivers Online Sportsbook
Harrah’s Sportsbook PA
– Opened Tuesday January 22, 2019
– Address: 777 Harrah’s Blvd, Chester, PA 19013
FanDuel Sportsbook PA Valley Forge
– Opened March 13, 2019
– Address: 1160 1st Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406
– FanDuel Sportsbook PA Promo Code
PA ONLINE CASINO SITES
In the past year there has been a ton of attention in Pennsylvania on the launch of online sports betting. While quietly PA online casino sites went live in July 2019. There are currently only 3 online casinos live in PA, and just slots and some table games are available. Online Poker in Pennsylvania still has few more hoops to clear before launch. Expect many more operators to join the online casino action, notably Harrah’s and DraftKings before the end of 2019.
Online Casino Sites in PA:
3. Hollywood Online Casino
Philadelphia Online Sportsbooks
The epicenter of PA online sports betting is Philadelphia. The energetic fan-base of the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers and Flyers are the prime demographic for sports bettors in PA. Philadelphia currently has 6 sportsbooks in the city and surrounding suburbs. 4 of the 6 will be eligible to launch online sportsbooks in PA. Excluding the turf-clubs listed below, each physical sportsbook listed will launch an online sportsbook and mobile app during the summer of 2019.
Sportsbooks In or Near Philadelphia
1. Parx Sportsbook in Bensalem, PA
2. SugarHouse Sportsbook in Philly
3. Parx South Philly Turf Club
4. Harrah’s “The Book” in Chester, PA
5. FanDuel Sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino Resort
6. Parx Valley Forge Turf Club
Rivers Sportsbook dominates the Pittsburgh Sports Betting scene. Rivers has the top sports betting handle and revenue YTD in PA, but also has ZERO competition locally. Ultimately, this is all a moot point once online and mobile sports betting launches in PA. The top product and marketing practices will lead that sportsbook to the top of the PA betting market.
Philadelphia Eagles Betting
With the NFL season finally here, sports bettors are gearing up for the 2019 football season. PA Sportsbooks have already released a large volume of betting for the Philadelphia Eagles and players for the upcoming season. Retail sportsbooks and online sportsbooks in PA have odds on the Eagles over-under wins, Super Bowl odds, NFC east odds and NFC champ odds.
Eagles Over-Under Wins 2019
FanDuel Sportsbook PA 9.5 wins( over -145) (under +125)
Parx Sportsbook 9.5 wins (over -162) (under +132)
SugarHouse PA 9.5 wins (over -162) (under +132)
Harrah’s Sportsbook (Philly) 9.5 wins (over -155) (under +135)
Eagles Super Bowl Odds 2020
FanDuel Sportsbook PA +1600
Parx Sportsbook +1400
SugarHouse Sportsbook PA +1400
Harrah’s Sportsbook (Philly) +1200
Eagles NFC Champion Odds
FanDuel Sportsbook PA +750
Parx Sportsbook +500
SugarHouse Sportsbook PA +500
Harrah’s Sportsbook (Philly) +600
Pennsylvania Sports Betting FAQ
Is Sports Betting Legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes. Pennsylvania legalized sports betting in 2017. After the Supreme Court repeal of PASPA, states like PA could move ahead or activate their sports betting regulations.
Can I bet on sports via my iPhone or Android mobile phone in Pennsylvania?
Yes. Online sports betting and mobile sports betting apps will be available in May 2019. You must physically be located within the PA state border to place a bet online.
Does the high PA Sports Betting tax impact my winnings?
No, the 34% state tax and local 2% tax is on the sportsbook revenue generated by the PA Casino who owns the betting license.
What is the minimum age to bet on sports in PA?
Anyone over the age of 21 can legally bet on sports in Pennsylvania via retail sportsbook or online/mobile betting apps.