FanDuel Sportsbook has once again dominated PA online sports betting when we focus on the overall handle of bets placed. In fact, the FanDuel Sportsbook October handle of $118,042,775 is roughly half of the total PA handle of $241,186,066.
The total number of bets placed via online/mobile in PA was $198,688,269, which is roughly 82% of the overall handle in PA.
The overall sports betting revenue for October was $14,948,249. Revenue derived from online/mobile was $10,307,158.
Sports Betting Handle: Retail vs. Online
1. Total Sports Betting Handle: $241,186,066 ($194mm in Sept)
2. Online/Mobile Handle: $198,688,269 ($158mm in Sept)
October Sports Betting Revenue:
1. Retail: $4,641,091
2. Online/Mobile: $14,475,685
PA Sportsbook Wars October 2019 Handle:
This is once again all about FanDuel crushing the competition in October. The next 5 sportsbooks combined equal the total sports betting handle for FanDuel. Rivers does look impressive to the untrained eye, but we are still talking about what is 2 individual brands in Rivers and Sugarhouse (Philly) in PA.
Parx continues to slowly increase their handle, but it is safe to say at this point their management is very disappointed with the results. The #1 gaming brand in PA before this year, can not even sniff the top 3 handle in the state for sports betting!
1. FanDuel Sportsbook: $118,042,775
2. Rivers Philly: $37,224,117 (SugarHouse license)
3. Rivers Pittsburgh: $34,268,260
4. Parx: $25,949,811
5. FoxBet: $10,387,320
6. Presque Isle Downs (retail only) $3,194,587
DraftKings Sportsbook Impact in PA?
DraftKings Sportsbook will make it’s mark on the November sports betting report as they went live on November 7th. Thus far, FanDuel was able to shrug off the launch of FoxBet, but DraftKings and recently launched UNIBET may prove a bit more difficult.
DraftKings is currently offering a Risk-Free $200 bet, plus a $500 deposit bonus to new PA players. A nice bonus may not be enough, as DraftKings continues to trail FanDuel in the NJ sports betting market as well. Some steam may come out of the PA spots betting balloon towards the end of 2019 with the Eagles and Steelers playoff dreams becoming very slim. With 2020 on the horizon, expect to see a big focus shift to the DraftKings online casino in PA that is expected to launch very soon. The UNIBET online Casino in PA is already live, adding to the competitive market.
- Pennsylvania Online Casino and Poker Set Revenue Record in August - September 24, 2020
- PlayLive! Online Casino App Launches in Pennsylvania - August 19, 2020
- Fox Bet Sixers Promo for the Entire Month of August: Bet $1, Win $76 - August 19, 2020