PA Online Sports Betting Sites [August 2019]
PA Online Sports Betting is now legal and about to explode across the Keystone state. Pennsylvania currently has 4 online sportsbooks and mobile betting apps open for business.
The initial launch of PA sorts betting apps did not include iOS (iphone) apps due to a change in regulations for real money gaming apps in the app store. FanDuel Sportbook has gone live in PA with an iOS app and Android.
SugarHouse Sportsbook was the first online sportsbook and mobile betting app (Android) to launch in Pennsylvania. SugarHouse has since come out with a iOS work-around, but the lack of true iPhone app will hurt their growth numbers.
2. FanDuel Sportsbook PA
If PA sports betting revenue numbers have lagged a bit, the launch of the FanDuel online sportsbook and iPhone betting app are sure to help. As the ONLY true PA mobile sports betting for iPhone and iPad, FanDuel currently has a massive advantage over other PA sportsbooks. Sports bettors can access FanDuel PA via PA.Sportsbook.FanDuel.com.
BetRivers is the second online sportsbook in PA for Rush Street Interactive who also operates SugarHouse Sportsbook. BetRivers can only be accessed via iPhone or iPad with the Geo-Comply app. Android app access is easy and the download link is available on PA.BetRivers.com.
4. Parx Online Sportsbook
Parx Casino has been the revenue leader for retail casino’s in Pennsylvania for quite some time. The launch of Parx online sportsbook may hint that local success may not equate to state wide use with other brands outpacing Parx in sports betting handle.
Which Online Sportsbooks Will Launch Next in PA?
As we approach the 2019 football betting season, the number of PA online sportsbooks and mobile betting are set to double. Major sports betting operators are set to enter the PA market and spend millions of dollars in advertising costs. The following sportsbooks are expected to go live before NFL week 1:
1. DraftKings Sportsbook PA: Rumors have moved to an almost certainty that DraftKings online sportsbook and betting app will be ready in Pennsylvania before the start of the 2019 NFL regular season.
2. FoxBet PA: This sportsbook is the true wildcard in Pennsylvania and NJ online sports betting. BetStars will be re-named Fox Bet due to a massive deal between the The Stars Group (ticker TSG) and Fox Sports. Are we really going to see NFL pre-game ads and combined with game previews on TV? Will Charissa Thompson essentially be a Fox Bet spokesperson each Sunday?
3. UNIBET: As a European sportsbook power, UNIBET is set to launch in Pennsylvania via a partnership with the Mohegan Sun Pocono. The UNIBET online sportsbook and retail sportsbook are expected to launch in late August. The mobile betting app availability outside of Android are still unknown.
4. BetAmerica PA: A retail sportsbook for BetAmerica recently opened at Presque Isle Downs Casino in PA. A BetAmerica online sportsbook in PA is expected sometime in the 3Q 2019. BetAmerica has been operating an online sportsbook and mobile betting app since the Spring of 2018.
5. Harrah’s Sportsbook PA: “The Book” in Chester, PA is the name of the retail sportsbook for Harrah’s Philly. The recent merger of Caesars and Eldorado Resorts may slow the launch of Harrah’s online sportsbook in Pennsylvania. Sources from Harrah’s have suggested a late August launch time for their PA online sportsbook.
PENNSYLVANIA SPORTS BETTING UPDATES
Your 2019-20 NFL MVP: Carson Wentz! Philadelphia sports betting fans will like the sound of that, but can it happen? Bettors at FanDuel Sportsbook PA seem to think it's a great value. Wentz is currently +1400 odds to win MVP, and has the...read more
PA Sports Betting Handle Set To Hit $300 Million The PA sports betting market was off to a bit of a sluggish start while bettors waited for online sportsbooks and mobile betting apps to launch. From November 2018 to June 2019, retail sportsbooks had a...read more
The odds for the 2019 Heisman Trophy recipient has been released on FanDuel Sportsbook PA. Lets take a look at the top favorites to win the 2019 Heisman and some ROI potential when betting on the Heisman Trophy. The PA online sports betting market is...read more
News broke early on Tuesday July 22nd that FanDuel Sportbook would officially enter the PA online sports betting market at 4pm. As usual, there were a few hiccups, but at 7pm EST, FanDuel was live in Pennsylvania, WITH AN iPHONE app! We mentioned 2 weeks back that...read more
NFL training camps are now open and we can officially begin to focus on NFL week 1 lines at PA Sportsbooks. Many sharp bettors in Pennsylvania will be taking advantage of potential soft lines for week 1, while keeping a close eye on training camp news. NFL...read more
In the short history of sports betting in Pennsylvania, the month of June saw 3 PA Sportsbooks venture into the online/mobile sports betting vertical. Interest in PA online sports betting revenue is at an all-time high with the launch of online/mobile sportsbooks....read more
Drum-roll please.....You can now bet on your iPhone or iPad in PA with SugarHouse Sportsbook and BetRivers! When PA online sportsbooks went live back in May, they lacked the ability to bet on iOS platforms thanks to a recent Apple App store change. Real Money online...read more
The much anticipated launch of PA online sportsbooks and mobile sports betting apps has been slowed a bit without iOS apps. When SugarHouse Sportsbook PA, Parx online Sportsbook and BetRivers launched their online/mobile products, Apple announced some...read more
Parx Casino will be launching their online and mobile casino games on Monday July 15. According to the "announcement" or ad that is located here, Parx Casino online gambling will begin at 2 p.m. EST on Monday. July 15th in the first day the Pennsylvania Gaming Control...read more
Current PA Retail Sportsbook Locations 2019
Hollywood Casino Sportsbook at Penn National Race Course
– Opened on November 16, 2018
Table of Contents
– Parx Sportsbook – Opened Tuesday Jan 8, 2019
– Address: 2999 Street Rd, Bensalem, PA 19020
– Parx Online Sports Betting
SugarHouse Sportsbook PA
– Opened Thursday, December 13, 2018
– Address: 1001 N Delaware Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19125
– SugarHouse Sportsbook PA
Rivers Casino Sportsbook
– Opened Thursday, December 13, 2018
– Address: 777 Casino Dr. Pittsburgh, PA 15212
– Bet Rivers Online Sportsbook
Harrah’s Sportsbook PA
– Opened Tuesday January 22, 2019
– Address: 777 Harrah’s Blvd, Chester, PA 19013
FanDuel Sportsbook PA Valley Forge
– Opened March 13, 2019
– Address: 1160 1st Ave, King of Prussia, PA 19406
– FanDuel Sportsbook PA Promo Code
PA ONLINE CASINOS EXPECTED TO START IN JULY
In the last several months there has been a significant push toward there being the inclusion of online betting in the state of Pennsylvania. During a hearing last week, Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) Executive Director Kevin O’Toole voiced an update on the plans for this expansion that will see online casinos being launched as it was pinpointed to be in the next few months.
O’Toole estimated that it will take between three to four months for this major change to take place if not the next fiscal year, which begins on July 1. There was also an indication that it could begin as early as June.
The reason for this delay is linked to the servers as many of these casinos are waiting for the equipment to arrive and be tested and approved by the PGCB before it can get underway. Once that process gets going then things can be shifted in the right direction. All of this will take time, but it appears things are headed in the right direction for this process. Online sports betting in PA is expected to begin in early May.
Philadelphia Online Sportsbooks
The epicenter of PA online sports betting is Philadelphia. The energetic fan-base of the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers and Flyers are the prime demographic for sports bettors in PA. Philadelphia currently has 6 sportsbooks in the city and surrounding suburbs. 4 of the 6 will be eligible to launch online sportsbooks in PA. Excluding the turf-clubs listed below, each physical sportsbook listed will launch an online sportsbook and mobile app during the summer of 2019.
Sportsbooks In or Near Philadelphia
1. Parx Sportsbook in Bensalem, PA
2. SugarHouse Sportsbook in Philly
3. Parx South Philly Turf Club
4. Harrah’s “The Book” in Chester, PA
5. FanDuel Sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino Resort
6. Parx Valley Forge Turf Club
Rivers Sportsbook dominates the Pittsburgh Sports Betting scene. Rivers has the top sports betting handle and revenue YTD in PA, but also has ZERO competition locally. Ultimately, this is all a moot point once online and mobile sports betting launches in PA. The top product and marketing practices will lead that sportsbook to the top of the PA betting market.
Philadelphia Eagles Betting
With PA online sports betting finally here, sports bettors are gearing up for the 2019 football season. PA Sportsbooks have already released a large volume of betting for the Philadelphia Eagles and players for the upcoming season. Retail sportsbooks and online sportsbooks in PA have odds on the Eagles over-under wins, Super Bowl odds, NFC east odds and NFC champ odds.
Eagles Over-Under Wins 2019
FanDuel Sportsbook PA 9.5 wins( over -145) (under +125)
Parx Sportsbook 9.5 wins (over -162) (under +132)
SugarHouse PA 9.5 wins (over -162) (under +132)
Harrah’s Sportsbook (Philly) 9.5 wins (over -155) (under +135)
Eagles Super Bowl Odds 2020
FanDuel Sportsbook PA +1600
Parx Sportsbook +1400
SugarHouse Sportsbook PA +1400
Harrah’s Sportsbook (Philly) +1200
Eagles NFC Champion Odds
FanDuel Sportsbook PA +750
Parx Sportsbook +500
SugarHouse Sportsbook PA +500
Harrah’s Sportsbook (Philly) +600
Pennsylvania Sports Betting FAQ
Is Sports Betting Legal in Pennsylvania?
Yes. Pennsylvania legalized sports betting in 2017. After the Supreme Court repeal of PASPA, states like PA could move ahead or activate their sports betting regulations.
Can I bet on sports via my iPhone or Android mobile phone in Pennsylvania?
Yes. Online sports betting and mobile sports betting apps will be available in May 2019. You must physically be located within the PA state border to place a bet online.
Does the high PA Sports Betting tax impact my winnings?
No, the 34% state tax and local 2% tax is on the sportsbook revenue generated by the PA Casino who owns the betting license.
What is the minimum age to bet on sports in PA?
Anyone over the age of 21 can legally bet on sports in Pennsylvania via retail sportsbook or online/mobile betting apps.