The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board granted Presque Isle Downs a conditional approval to open a BetAmerica sportsbook at their location in Erie.
Presque Isle will be utilizing SBTech to power their PA sports betting operation. Located in the most northwestern part of the state, expectations are for a “very robust market”, stated a representative at the latest PGCB meeting.
BetAmerica Sportsbook Branding
The sportsbook will be branded BetAmerica PA, which is used by Presque Isle’s parent company, Churchill Downs, in other parts of the country.
Churchill Downs purchased Presque Isle for nearly $179 million in January.
Located adjacent to the facilities’ poker room and simulcast area, the BetAmerica Sportsbook will stretch 1,275 square feet within the casino, with 50 self-service kiosks. The addition of 50 large HD TV’s throughout the casino, plus the use of a customizable odds board will help facilitate wagering. The renovations will require 69 slot machines to be relocated within the casino, said Dan Cuic, director of slots for Presque Isle Downs & Casino, during a presentation to the Gaming Control Board.
PA Online Sportsbook Launch?
The Presque Isle Down license will be used by BetAmerica to launch an online sportsbook and mobile betting app in PA. The timing for this launch has yet to be released, but one could assume the late Spring at the earliest.
PA Sports Betting is primed for a massive 2019 with 12 sportsbooks set to launch within the year. The Philadelphia area now has 5 active sportsbooks which include the recent launch Harrah’s Sportsbook, Parx Sportsbook, and SugarHouse.
1. Parx Casino in Bensalem, PA
2. SugarHouse Casino in Philly
3. Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh
4. Hollywood Casino PA Sportsbook by Harrisburg
5. Parx Casino South Philly Turf Club
6. Harrah’s “The Book” in Chester, PA
7. Valley Forge Casino FanDuel Sportsbook (Approved by PGCB). Waiting on launch ETA
8. Presque Isle Downs Casino in Erie (Approved by PGCB). Waiting on launch ETA
Fiscal Year 2018/2019 Totals:
– Sports Betting Handle: $17,587,676.79
– Sports Gross Revenue: $2,515,542.33
– Sports Betting State Tax (34%): $855,284.39
– Local Share Assessment (2%): $50,310.85
PA SPORTS BETTING APPS
- Barstool Sportsbook App Coming Soon to Pennsylvania Sports Betting Market - August 10, 2020
- Fox Bet Sixers Promo for the Entire Month of August: Bet $1, Win $76 - August 1, 2020
- BetMGM and Golden Nugget Online Casinos Set to Enter Booming PA Market - July 28, 2020