Big news broke this morning from the latest PGCB board meeting that Rush Street Gaming was making a big brand change. Say goodbye to the SugarHouse brand in Philadelphia. SugarHouse Casino will soon be known as Rivers Casino Philadelphia.
What will happen to the SugarHouse online sportsbook? Will the soon to be launched BetRivers.com become the core sports betting brand for Rush Street Gaming in Pennsylvania? With 6 sportsbooks in Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, does this change truly impact anything?
We will do our best to answer those questions below.
Say goodbye to the SugarHouse brand in PA
SugarHouse Casino will be re-branded as RIVERS CASINO PHILADELPHIA pic.twitter.com/XDTkjJFTGy
— PA Sportsbooks (@PASportsbooks) June 12, 2019
Change To Rivers Casino Philly Will Happen Quickly
The timeline for the change in branding was classified as “mid-summer”, so this is happening very fast.
Obviously this comes as a big surprise since SugarHouse Sportsbook was the first to launch an online sportsbook and Android mobile app on May 31.
Rush Street is looking for a consistent brand message to match their casino brands in brands in Pittsburgh, Illinois and New York.
Reasons for the re-brand mentioned by Rush Street Gaming:
– Continuously improving customer experiences is a shared goal of the PGCB
and Rush Street
– As gaming becomes a 360-degree experience—land-based, mobile, online—a unified
brand for Rush Street’s PA properties will best serve the Commonwealth, host communities, guests and team members
– Our long-term plan is to establish continuity across Rush Street’s PA properties,
sportsbooks, iGaming and guest rewards programs
– This rebranding represents a $15 million reinvestment in the property, and all changes to the facility will be completed by local companies and contractors
PA Sports Betting Impact For Rivers?
Ok, here is what we know so far, the SugarHouse brand is DEAD moving forward. With competition coming from FanDuel Sportsbook PA and Parx, Rush Street needs one brand, not confusion. The sports betting brand will be BETRIVERS. The app will be called Bet Rivers and the online sportsbook will be BetRivers.com.
Forget about city designations. 1 brand, 1 app for all sports betting operations in PA for Rush Street Gaming.
Sportsbooks In or Near Philadelphia
1. Parx Sportsbook in Bensalem, PA
2. Rivers Sportsbook Philadelphia
3. Parx South Philly Turf Club
4. Harrah’s “The Book” in Chester, PA
5. FanDuel Sportsbook at Valley Forge Casino Resort
6. Parx Valley Forge Turf Club
Latest posts by Jason Ziernicki (see all)
- Latest Eagles 2020 Super Bowl Odds Heading into Week 11 Patriots Battle - November 11, 2019
- Unibet Sportsbook & Online Casino in PA Set To Launch November 12th - November 8, 2019
- NFL Week 10 Public Bets Consensus at DraftKings Sportsbook - November 6, 2019